Summary Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator near Longueuil (QC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a wastewater treatment plant operator. The following information is applicable to all Water and waste treatment plant operators (NOC 9243).
Water treatment plant operators monitor and operate computerized control systems and related equipment in water filtration and treatment plants to regulate the treatment and distribution of water. Liquid waste plant operators monitor and operate computerized control systems and related equipment in wastewater, sewage treatment and liquid waste plants to regulate the treatment and disposal of sewage and wastes. They are employed by municipal governments and industrial facilities. This unit group also includes waste treatment plant operators in composting plants and other waste management facilities.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Montérégie Region
The job prospects are good in the Montérégie Region
advertised near Longueuil (QC)
- Operate and monitor computerized control systems and related equipment to regulate the flow of sewage and to treat and dispose of sewage and wastes
- Respond to customer complaints on water quality problems
- Monitor and read recording instruments to detect equipment malfunctions and ensure plant systems and equipment are operating within prescribed limits
- Make adjustments to plant equipment and systems
- Maintain chemical feed stocks
- Date modified: