Summary Chemist near Lévis (QC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a chemist. The following information is applicable to all Chemists (NOC 2112).
Chemists conduct research and analysis in support of industrial operations, product and process development, quality control, environmental control, medical diagnosis and treatment, biotechnology, nanotechnology and other applications. They also conduct theoretical, experimental and applied research into basic chemical and biochemical processes to create or synthesize new products and processes. They are employed in research, development and quality control laboratories; chemical, petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries; mineral, metal and pulp and paper industries; and a wide variety of manufacturing, utility, health, educational and government establishments.
University education usually required
Median wage in the Chaudière-Appalaches Region
The job prospects are good in the Chaudière-Appalaches Region
advertised in Québec
- Participate in interdisciplinary research and development projects
- Develop and conduct programs of analysis to ensure quality control of raw materials, chemical intermediates or final products
- Conduct research to develop new chemical formulations and processes and devise new technical applications of industrial chemicals and compounds
- Conduct research to discover, develop, refine and evaluate new products such as those used in nanomedicine, nanoelectronics and other applications of chemistry
- Conduct research into the synthesis and properties of chemical compounds and the mechanisms of chemical reactions
- Date modified: