Summary Machining Tool Operator near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a machining tool operator. The following information is applicable to all Machining tool operators (NOC 9417).
Machining tool operators set up and operate or tend metal-cutting machines designed for repetitive machining work. They are employed by metal products and other manufacturing companies and in machine shops. This unit group also includes workers who etch or chemically mill metal pieces.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job prospects are good in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Clean and maintain work space
- Enter codes specifying speed, feed and cut of the toolpath for computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
- Perform routine maintenance on equipment and machinery
- Prepare etching solution and immerse metal parts or workpiece into the etching solution to remove unwanted portions
- Verify dimensions of parts machined using precise measuring instruments (e.g., micrometers, calipers)
- Date modified: