Summary Fish Plant Worker in Québec
Find key facts and figures about working as a fish plant worker. The following information is applicable to all Fish and seafood plant workers (NOC 94142).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Fish and seafood plant workers set up and operate machinery to process and package fish and seafood products. Fish and seafood plant cutters and cleaners cut, trim and clean fish or seafood by hand. They are employed in fish and seafood processing plants.
High school or specific training
This occupation usually requires a secondary school diploma or several weeks of on-the-job training.
Median wage in Québec
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Québec
- Cut, clean and trim fish or seafood prior to marketing or further processing
- Scrape away scales, cut fish, separate fillets and remove scrap parts using knife
- Check fish fillets to determine optimal number and size of fillet sections, cut sections according to specifications and place in container for weighing
- Check products and packaging for defects and to ensure conformance to company standards and perform corrective machine adjustments as required
- Disjoint and remove meat from lobsters or other crustaceans preparatory to canning or further processing
- Date modified: