Summary Fish Plant Worker near Saanich (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a fish plant worker. The following information is applicable to all Fish and seafood plant workers (NOC 9463).
Fish and seafood plant workers set up and operate machinery to process and package fish and seafood products. Fish and seafood plant cutters and cleaners cut, trim and clean fish or seafood by hand. They are employed in fish and seafood processing plants.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in the Vancouver Island and Coast Region
The job prospects are fair in the Vancouver Island and Coast Region
advertised in British Columbia
- Cut, clean and trim fish or seafood prior to marketing or further processing
- Scrape away scales, cut fish, separate fillets and remove scrap parts using knife
- Check fish fillets to determine optimal number and size of fillet sections, cut sections according to specifications and place in container for weighing
- Check products and packaging for defects and to ensure conformance to company standards and perform corrective machine adjustments as required
- Disjoint and remove meat from lobsters or other crustaceans preparatory to canning or further processing
- Date modified: