Summary Fish Plant Worker near Charlottetown (PE)
Find key facts and figures about working as a fish plant worker. The following information is applicable to all Fish and seafood plant workers (NOC 94142).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Fish and seafood plant workers set up and operate machinery to process and package fish and seafood products. Fish and seafood plant cutters and cleaners cut, trim and clean fish or seafood by hand. They are employed in fish and seafood processing plants.
Learn more about fish plant worker
High school or specific training
This occupation usually requires a secondary school diploma or several weeks of on-the-job training.
View job requirements about Job requirements
Median wage in Prince Edward Island
View wages about Wages
View prospects about Prospects
advertised near Charlottetown (PE)
View available jobs about Jobs
- Cut, clean and trim fish or seafood prior to marketing or further processing
- Scrape away scales, cut fish, separate fillets and remove scrap parts using knife
- Check fish fillets to determine optimal number and size of fillet sections, cut sections according to specifications and place in container for weighing
- Check products and packaging for defects and to ensure conformance to company standards and perform corrective machine adjustments as required
- Disjoint and remove meat from lobsters or other crustaceans preparatory to canning or further processing
View skills about Skills
- Date modified: