Summary Centralized Traffic Control (CTC) Operator - Railway Traffic near Calgary (AB)
Find key facts and figures about working as a centralized traffic control (CTC) operator - railway traffic. The following information is applicable to all Railway traffic controllers and marine traffic regulators (NOC 2275).
Railway traffic controllers co-ordinate passenger and freight train traffic on railways. They are employed by rail transport companies. Marine traffic regulators monitor and regulate coastal and inland marine traffic within assigned waterways. They are employed by port, harbour, canal and lock authorities and by the Canadian Coast Guard.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Calgary Region
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Alberta
- Direct and monitor vessel movements
- Relay information to next marine traffic control sector
- Report accidents, distress signals, navigational hazards and other emergencies
- Maintain radio and telephone contact with adjacent marine control sectors and with vessels within area of jurisdiction
- Maintain log of vessel movements, size and structure
- Date modified: