Summary Geomatics Technician - Land Surveying in Alberta
Find key facts and figures about working as a geomatics technician - land surveying. The following information is applicable to all Land survey technologists and technicians (NOC 2254).
Land survey technologists and technicians conduct or participate in surveys to determine the exact locations and relative positions of natural features and other structures on the earth's surface, underground and underwater. They are employed by all levels of government, architectural and engineering firms, and by private sector surveying establishments.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Alberta
The job prospects are fair in Alberta
advertised in Alberta
- Supervise drafting and technical staff
- Keep survey information in systematic order
- Assist in the calculation, analysis and computation of measurements obtained during field surveys
- Assist in the preparation of detailed drawings, charts and plans
- Keep records, measurements and other survey information in systematic order
- Date modified: