Summary Geomatics Technician - Land Surveying near Toronto (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a geomatics technician - land surveying. The following information is applicable to all Land survey technologists and technicians (NOC 2254).
Land survey technologists and technicians conduct or participate in surveys to determine the exact locations and relative positions of natural features and other structures on the earth's surface, underground and underwater. They are employed by all levels of government, architectural and engineering firms, and by private sector surveying establishments.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in Ontario
The job outlook is fair in the Toronto Region
advertised near Toronto (ON)
- Analyze latitude, longitude and angles and compute trigonometric and other calculations to plot features, contours and areas to a specific scale
- Prepare detailed drawings, charts and plans and survey notes and reports
- Supervise and co-ordinate field survey activities
- Record measurements and other information obtained during field survey activities
- Conduct field surveys and operate survey instruments and computer equipment to measure distance, angles, elevations and contours
- Date modified: