Summary Registered Investment Representative near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a registered investment representative. The following information is applicable to all Securities agents, investment dealers and brokers (NOC 1113).
Securities agents and investment dealers buy and sell stocks, bonds, treasury bills, mutual funds and other securities for individual investors, pension fund managers, banks, trust companies, insurance firms and other establishments. Brokers buy and sell stocks, bonds, commodity futures, foreign currencies and other securities at stock exchanges on behalf of investment dealers. They are employed by investment companies, stock brokerage firms, stock and commodity exchanges and other establishments in the securities industry.
University education usually required
Median wage in British Columbia
The job prospects are fair in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Buy and sell securities at stock exchange on behalf of investment dealer
- Develop trading strategies by reviewing investment information and monitoring market conditions from exchange floor and through contact with other traders
- Make bids and offers to buy and sell securities and complete details of sales on exchange trade ticket
- Buy and sell securities for clients
- Provide investment information and service to clients
- Date modified: