Summary Cannery Labourer - Fish Processing near Saanich (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a cannery labourer - fish processing. The following information is applicable to all Labourers in fish and seafood processing (NOC 9618).
Labourers in fish and seafood processing perform clean-up, packaging, material handling and other elemental activities related to fish and seafood processing. They are employed in fish and seafood processing and packaging plants.
On-the-job training usually required
Median wage in the Vancouver Island and Coast Region
The job prospects are limited in the Vancouver Island and Coast Region
advertised in British Columbia
- Unload fish and shellfish from fishing vessels and transport them by hand or forklift truck to work area
- Transport fish and shellfish to work area
- Condition fish filets for wrapping or freezing
- Weigh fish or shellfish, record weight and pack fish in ice
- Clean machines and immediate work areas
- Date modified: