Summary Insulator near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as an insulator. The following information is applicable to all Insulators (NOC 7293).
Insulators apply insulation materials to plumbing, air-handling, heating, cooling and refrigeration systems, piping equipment and pressure vessels, and walls, floors and ceilings of buildings and other structures, to prevent or reduce the passage of heat, cold, sound or fire. They are employed by construction companies and insulation contractors, or they may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
The job prospects are limited in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
- Select type of insulation required
- Measure and cut insulating materials to required shape and dimensions using hand and power tools
- Apply and secure insulation using spraying, blowing, pasting, strapping, taping and other application and installation methods
- Fit insulation around obstructions and between joists and studs
- Install vapour barriers and fire-retardant materials
- Date modified: