Summary Cabinetmaker near Edmonton (AB)
Find key facts and figures about working as a cabinetmaker. The following information is applicable to all Cabinetmakers (NOC 7272).
Cabinetmakers use a variety of woods and laminates to construct and repair wooden cabinets, furniture, fixtures and related products. They are employed by furniture manufacturing or repair companies, construction companies and cabinetmaking contractors, or they may be self-employed.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Edmonton Region
The job prospects are fair in the Edmonton Region
advertised near Edmonton (AB)
- Repair or restyle wooden furniture, fixtures and related products
- Operate woodworking machines and use hand tools to cut, shape and form parts and components
- Apply varnish, veneer, stain or polish to finished products
- Sand wooden surfaces and apply veneer, stain or polish to finished products; prepare and apply laminated plastics
- Trim joints and fit parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit and reinforce joints
- Date modified: