Summary Elementary School Teacher's Aide near Winnipeg (MB)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "elementary school teacher's aide" was moved from the group Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants (NOC 4413) to the group Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants (NOC 43100).
Find key facts and figures about working as an elementary school teacher's aide. The following information is applicable to all Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants (NOC 43100).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants support students, and assist teachers and counsellors with teaching and non-instructional tasks. They assist in areas of personal care, teaching and behaviour management under the supervision of teachers or other child care professionals. They are employed in public and private elementary, secondary and special needs schools and treatment centres.
Post-secondary or apprenticeship
This occupation usually requires a college diploma (community college, institute of technology or CÉGEP), an apprenticeship training of less than 2 years, or more than 6 months of on-the-job training.
Median wage in the Winnipeg Region
advertised near Winnipeg (MB)
- Help students individually or in small groups with assignments and reinforce learning and retention concepts under the supervision of classroom teacher
- Monitor students during recess and lunch hour
- Assist students with integration into the classroom and school setting
- Assist with classroom inventory
- Accompany and supervise students during activities in school gymnasiums, laboratories, libraries, resource centres and on field trips
- Date modified: