Summary Elementary School Teacher's Aide near Calgary (AB)
Find key facts and figures about working as an elementary school teacher's aide. The following information is applicable to all Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants (NOC 4413).
Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants support students, and assist teachers and counsellors with teaching and non-instructional tasks. They assist in areas of personal care, teaching and behaviour management under the supervision of teachers or other child care professionals. They are employed in public and private elementary, secondary and special needs schools and treatment centres.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in the Calgary Region
The job outlook is good in the Calgary Region
advertised in Alberta
- Help students individually or in small groups with assignments and reinforce learning and retention concepts under the supervision of classroom teacher
- Assist students with integration into the classroom and school setting
- Accompany and supervise students during activities in school gymnasiums, laboratories, libraries, resource centres and on field trips
- Monitor and report student progress to classroom teacher
- Assist students with special needs using techniques such as sign language, braille and remedial programs
- Date modified: