Summary Journalist near Toronto (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a journalist. The following information is applicable to all Journalists (NOC 5123).
Journalists research, investigate, interpret and communicate news and public affairs through newspapers, television, radio and other media. They are employed by radio and television networks and stations, newspapers and magazines. Journalists may also work on a freelance basis.
University education usually required
Median wage in the Toronto Region
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised near Toronto (ON)
- Collect information through interview, investigation and observation
- Receive, analyze and verify copy for accuracy
- Arrange for and conduct interviews as part of research, for publication or for broadcast
- Research and report on developments in specialized fields such as medicine, science and technology
- Write critical reviews of literary, musical and other artistic works based on knowledge, judgement and experience
- Date modified: