Summary Medical Transcriptionist near Toronto (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a medical transcriptionist. The following information is applicable to all Court reporters, medical transcriptionists and related occupations (NOC 1251).
Court reporters record and transcribe verbatim the proceedings of courts, legislative assemblies and committees, and prepare transcripts for use by judges, tribunals and quasi-judicial panels. They are employed by courts of law, provincial and federal legislative assemblies and committees, or they may be self-employed. Medical transcriptionists record, transcribe and edit dictation by physicians and other health care providers, surgical proceedings, health-related reports and other medical documentation. They are employed by hospitals, medical clinics and doctors' offices, or they may be self-employed. Closed captioners and other transcriptionists are included in this unit group.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Toronto Region
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised near Toronto (ON)
- Proofread to ensure accuracy
- Transcribe recorded dictation in accordance with established formats or written documentation from medical reports, correspondence, health records and patient information
- Record verbatim court proceedings
- Transcribe court records into established format
- Verify transcript against original court recordings
- Date modified: