Summary Purchasing Director near Vancouver (BC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a purchasing director. The following information is applicable to all Purchasing managers (NOC 10012).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Purchasing managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of a purchasing department and develop and implement the purchasing policies of a business or institution. They are employed throughout the public and private sectors.
Learn more about purchasing director
This occupation involves management responsibilities.
View job requirements about Job requirements
Median wage in the Lower Mainland–Southwest Region
View wages about Wages
View prospects about Prospects
advertised near Vancouver (BC)
View available jobs about Jobs
- Plan and control budget and expenditures
- Hire, train, direct and motivate staff
- Plan, develop and implement purchasing policies and procedures
- Assign, co-ordinate and review projects and programs
- Oversee the evaluation of the cost and quality of goods or services
View skills about Skills
- Date modified: