Summary Operations Manager - Trade, Broadcasting And Other Services in Alberta
Find key facts and figures about working as an operations manager - trade, broadcasting and other services. The following information is applicable to all Senior managers - trade, broadcasting and other services, n.e.c. (NOC 0015).
Senior managers in trade, broadcasting and other customer services plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate, through middle managers, trade, broadcasting and other service industry companies. They formulate policies which establish the direction to be taken by these companies, either alone or in conjunction with a board of directors. They work in establishments in broadcasting and related media services, wholesale trade, retail trade, accommodation and food service, and other services not elsewhere classified or they may own and operate their own business.
University education usually required
Median wage in Alberta
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised in Alberta
- Co-ordinate the work of regions, divisions or departments
- Establish objectives for the organization and formulate or approve policies and programs
- Allocate material, human and financial resources to implement organizational policies and programs
- Authorize and organize the establishment of major departments and associated senior staff positions
- Select middle managers, directors or other executive staff; delegate the necessary authority to them and create optimum working conditions
- Date modified: