Summary Poultry Slaughterer - Food And Beverage Processing in Saskatchewan
Find key facts and figures about working as a poultry slaughterer - food and beverage processing. The following information is applicable to all Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers (NOC 94141).
Note: Some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers prepare meat and poultry for further processing or for packaging for wholesale distribution. They are employed in meat and poultry slaughtering, processing and packing establishments.
High school or specific training
This occupation usually requires a secondary school diploma or several weeks of on-the-job training.
Median wage in Saskatchewan
The job prospects are fair in Saskatchewan
advertised in Saskatchewan
- Slaughter livestock and remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses
- Slaughter cattle, calves, and sheep as prescribed by religious laws
- Cut beef, lamb, pork or veal carcasses or sides or quarters of carcasses into primal cuts for further cutting, processing or packaging
- Remove feathers and singe and wash poultry to prepare for further processing or packaging
- Cut meat and poultry into specific cuts for institutional, commercial or other wholesale use
- Date modified: