Summary Poultry Slaughterer - Food And Beverage Processing near Grande Prairie (AB)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "poultry slaughterer - food and beverage processing" was moved from the group Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers (NOC 9462) to the group Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers (NOC 94141).
Find key facts and figures about working as a poultry slaughterer - food and beverage processing. The following information is applicable to all Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers (NOC 94141).
Note that some information in this job profile is based on the 2016 version of the NOC.
Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers prepare meat and poultry for further processing or for packaging for wholesale distribution. They are employed in meat and poultry slaughtering, processing and packing establishments.
Learn more about poultry slaughterer - food and beverage processing
High school or specific training
This occupation usually requires a secondary school diploma or several weeks of on-the-job training.
View job requirements about Job requirements
Median wage in Alberta
View wages about Wages
View prospects about Prospects
advertised in Alberta
View available jobs about Jobs
- Slaughter livestock and remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses
- Slaughter cattle, calves, and sheep as prescribed by religious laws
- Cut beef, lamb, pork or veal carcasses or sides or quarters of carcasses into primal cuts for further cutting, processing or packaging
- Remove feathers and singe and wash poultry to prepare for further processing or packaging
- Cut meat and poultry into specific cuts for institutional, commercial or other wholesale use
View skills about Skills
- Date modified: