Summary Core Drill Operator - Construction, Surface Mining And Quarrying near Toronto (ON)
Find key facts and figures about working as a core drill operator - construction, surface mining and quarrying. The following information is applicable to all Drillers and blasters - surface mining, quarrying and construction (NOC 7372).
Drillers in surface mining, quarrying and construction operate mobile drilling machines to bore blast holes in open-pit mines and quarries and to bore holes for blasting and for building foundations at construction sites. Blasters in this unit group fill blast holes with explosives and detonate explosives to dislodge coal, ore and rock or to demolish structures. They are employed by mining, quarrying and construction companies and by drilling and blasting contractors.
College or apprenticeship
College education or apprenticeship training usually required
Median wage in the Toronto Region
The job prospects vary across Canada depending on the province or territory.
advertised near Toronto (ON)
- Operate drilling machines to drill blast holes in rock at road or other construction sites
- Drive and operate air-track or other drilling machines to bore large blast holes to specified depths at staked positions in open-pit mine or quarry
- Operate tracked or truck-mounted drill equipped with auger or other attachment to drill holes for building foundations or pilings
- Drive and operate tracked or truck-mounted rotary drilling to bore large blast holes to specified depths at staked positions in open-pit mine or quarry
- Assemble or direct other workers to assemble primer charges using selected detonators, fuses, detonating cords and other materials
- Date modified: