Summary Lead Hand, Mechanical Assemblers near Québec (QC)
Find key facts and figures about working as a lead hand, mechanical assemblers. The following information is applicable to all Mechanical assemblers and inspectors (NOC 9526).
Mechanical assemblers assemble a wide variety of mechanical products such as trucks, buses, snowmobiles, garden tractors, automotive engines, transmissions, outboard motors, gearboxes, hydraulic pumps and sewing machines. Inspectors in this unit group check and inspect subassemblies and finished products to ensure proper quality and product specifications. They are employed by machinery and transportation equipment manufacturers and by other manufacturing companies.
High school or specific training
High school diploma or occupation-specific training usually required
Median wage in Québec
The job prospects are good in Québec
advertised near Québec (QC)
- Assemble, fit and install prefabricated parts to form subassemblies or finished products
- Position, align and adjust parts for proper fit and assembly
- Connect cables, tubes and wires
- Fasten parts together using fastening and joining equipment
- Operate or tend automated assembling equipment
- Date modified: