Skills Yard Labourer - Railway Transport near Calgary (AB)
Find out what skills you typically need to work as an yard labourer - railway transport in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Railway and motor transport labourers (NOC 75211).
- Transport tools and equipment on push or hand cars
- Assist railway track maintenance workers to lay, maintain and repair railway tracks
- Cut vegetation growth from railway tracks using scythes and mowers
- Check freight cars for physical damage and cleanliness
- Shovel snow from railway switch boxes
- Assist trucks and delivery drivers to load and unload vehicles
- Perform labouring duties in warehouses
Skills and Knowledge Checklist
The following skills and knowledge are usually required in this occupation.
- Inspecting and Testing
- Cleaning and House/Shop Keeping
- Operating Mobile Equipment
- Loading and Unloading
- Date modified: