Skills Apprentice Industrial Painter And Decorator near Saanich (BC)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "apprentice industrial painter and decorator" was moved from the group Painters and decorators (except interior decorators) (NOC 7294) to the group Painters and decorators (except interior decorators) (NOC 73112).
Find out what skills you typically need to work as an apprentice industrial painter and decorator in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Painters and decorators (except interior decorators) (NOC 73112).
- Prepare, clean and sand surfaces to be painted
- Repair cracks and holes
- Mix paint to desired colour and texture
- Measure, cut and apply wallpaper and other fabric to walls
- Advise consumers on colours and choice of wall coverings
- Erect scaffolding and swing stages and attach rigging
- Apply paint, wallpaper and other materials and finishes to interior and exterior surfaces
- Estimate costs and materials
Skills and Knowledge Checklist
The following skills and knowledge are usually required in this occupation.
- Date modified: