Skills Ironworker near Kitchener (ON)
Find out what skills you typically need to work as an ironworker in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Ironworkers (NOC 72105).
- Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms
- Perform job-site calculations
- Signal crane operators to position units according to blueprints
- Align, weld or bolt units in place
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Dismantle metal, pre-cast concrete or laminated timber buildings and other structures
- Inspect or test structures and equipment for deterioration, defects or failure to comply with specifications or regulations
- Position and secure steel bars or metal mesh in concrete forms to reinforce concrete structures
- Unload and position steel units so each piece can be hoisted as needed
Skills and Knowledge Checklist
The following skills and knowledge are usually required in this occupation.
- Date modified: