Skills Illustrator And Graphic Designer near Edmonton (AB)
Find out what skills you typically need to work as an illustrator and graphic designer in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Graphic designers and illustrators (NOC 5241).
People working in this occupation usually apply the following skill set.
- Use existing photo and illustration banks and typography guides
- Consult with clients to establish the overall look, graphic elements and content of communications materials
- Determine the medium best suited to produce the desired visual effect and the most appropriate vehicle for communication
- Prepare sketches, layouts and graphic elements
- Establish guidelines for illustrators or photographers
- Develop the graphic elements that meet the clients' objectives
- Co-ordinate sub-contracting
- Co-ordinate all aspects of production for print, audio-visual or electronic materials
- Assist in developing storyboards for electronic productions
- Develop and produce realistic or representational sketches and final illustrations
- Produce 2-D and 3-D animated drawings or computer illustrations
- Consult with clients to determine the nature and content of illustrations in order to meet their communications needs
Skills and knowledge
The following skills and knowledge are usually required in this occupation.
- Date modified: