Skills Administrative Assistant in Ontario
Find out what skills you typically need to work as an administrative assistant in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Administrative assistants (NOC 13110).
- Arrange and co-ordinate seminars, conferences, etc.
- Supervise other workers
- Train other workers
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings, seminars and conferences
- Determine and establish office procedures and routines
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages
- Answer electronic enquiries
- Compile data, statistics and other information
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory
- Arrange travel, related itineraries and make reservations
- Greet people and direct them to contacts or service areas
- Open and distribute regular and electronic incoming mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Type and proofread correspondence, forms and other documents
Skills and Knowledge Checklist
The following skills and knowledge are usually required in this occupation.
- Personnel and Human Resources
- Business Administration
- Business Management
- Date modified: