Skills Technical Services Electrical Engineer near Longueuil (QC)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "technical services electrical engineer" was moved from the group Electrical and electronics engineers (NOC 2133) to the group Electrical and electronics engineers (NOC 21310).
Find out what skills you typically need to work as a technical services electrical engineer in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Electrical and electronics engineers (NOC 21310).
- Conduct feasibility, design operation and performance research of electrical generation and distribution networks
- Supervise technicians, technologists, programmers, analysts and other engineers
- Prepare material cost and timing estimates, reports and design specifications
- Design electrical and electronic components, systems and equipment
- Supervise and inspect the installation and operation of electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Develop maintenance and operating standards for electrical and electronic systems and equipment
- Investigate electrical or electronic failures
- Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for construction or maintenance
- Conduct micro or nanodevices simulations, characterization, process modeling and integration in the development of new electronic devices and products
Skills and Knowledge Checklist
The following skills and knowledge are usually required in this occupation.
- Date modified: