Skills Animal Groomer (except Horses) near Toronto (ON)
Find out what skills you typically need to work as an animal groomer (except horses) in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Pet groomers and animal care workers (NOC 6563).
People working in this occupation usually apply the following skill set.
- Teeth cleaning
- Show clipping
- Nail clipping
- Flea baths
- Ear cleaning
- Pet clipping and styling
- Anal glands treatment
- Monitor and document animal behaviour
- Assist researchers in conducting laboratory tests with animals
- Assist zoo and wildlife workers in transferring, restraining, crating and uncrating animals
- Assist animal breeders to handle and nurture animals
- Assist with inoculation and treatment of animals
- Clean and disinfect cages, pens, aquariums, kennels, runs, stall and enclosures
- Prepare food and feed animals
Skills and knowledge
The following skills and knowledge are usually required in this occupation.
- Date modified: