Skills Poultry Slaughterer - Food And Beverage Processing near Grande Prairie (AB)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "poultry slaughterer - food and beverage processing" was moved from the group Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers (NOC 9462) to the group Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers (NOC 94141).
Find out what skills you typically need to work as a poultry slaughterer - food and beverage processing in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers (NOC 94141).
- Slaughter livestock and remove viscera and other inedible parts from carcasses
- Slaughter cattle, calves, and sheep as prescribed by religious laws
- Cut beef, lamb, pork or veal carcasses or sides or quarters of carcasses into primal cuts for further cutting, processing or packaging
- Remove feathers and singe and wash poultry to prepare for further processing or packaging
- Cut meat and poultry into specific cuts for institutional, commercial or other wholesale use
- Remove bones from meat
Skills and Knowledge Checklist
The following skills and knowledge are usually required in this occupation.
- Date modified: