Skills Maintenance Equipment Operator - Public Works in British Columbia
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "maintenance equipment operator - public works" was moved from the group Public works maintenance equipment operators and related workers (NOC 7522) to the group Public works maintenance equipment operators and related workers (NOC 74205).
Find out what skills you typically need to work as a maintenance equipment operator - public works in Canada. These skills are applicable to all Public works maintenance equipment operators and related workers (NOC 74205).
- Check, lubricate, refuel and clean equipment
- Operate various vehicles and equipment
- Report any malfunctions to supervisor
Skills and Knowledge Checklist
The following skills and knowledge are usually required in this occupation.
- Analysis Help -
- Inspecting and Testing
- Service and Care Help -
- Cleaning and House/Shop Keeping
- Operating and Repairing Equipment, Machinery and Vehicles Help -
- Operating Mobile Equipment
- Handling Goods and Materials Help -
- Loading and Unloading
- Building Help -
- Restoring and Repairing
- Working with Technological Equipment and Machinery Help -
- Using Specialized Instrumentation and Equipment
- Date modified: