Job requirements Logging Crew Supervisor - Forestry near Kelowna (BC)
Find out what you typically need to work as a logging crew supervisor - forestry near Kelowna (BC). These requirements are applicable to all Supervisors, logging and forestry (NOC 8211).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a one- to three-year college program for forestry technologists or technicians may be required.
- Formal company training and several months of on-the-job training are provided.
- Several years of experience as a logger, silvicultural worker, or logging machinery operator are usually required.
- A chemical application licence may be required.
- An industrial first aid certificate may be required.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: