Job requirements Maintenance Labourer - Public Works in Canada

National Occupational Classification update

We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "maintenance labourer - public works" was moved from the group Public works and maintenance labourers (NOC 7621) to the group Public works and maintenance labourers (NOC 75212).

Find out what you typically need to work as a maintenance labourer - public works in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Public works and maintenance labourers (NOC 75212).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • Several weeks of on-the-job training are provided.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

We don’t have any data on professional certification requirements. This occupation is not regulated in Canada based on our records.

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Labour Market Information Survey
Date modified: