Job requirements Session Musician near Edmonton (AB)
Find out what you typically need to work as a session musician near Edmonton (AB). These requirements are applicable to all Musicians and singers (NOC 5133).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Musical training from a university or college or through private instruction is usually required.
- Members of orchestras and other professional classical musicians and singers usually require a university degree in music.
- Musical talent and ability, as demonstrated during an audition, are important hiring criteria.
- Membership in a guild or union related to the occupation or type of performance may be required.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: