Job requirements Oil And Solid Fuel Heating Mechanic near Grand Falls-Windsor (NL)
Find out what you typically need to work as an oil and solid fuel heating mechanic near Grand Falls-Windsor (NL). These requirements are applicable to all Oil and solid fuel heating mechanics (NOC 7331).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program or A combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some college or industry courses in heating systems installation and repair is usually required for trade certification.
- Oil heat system technician trade certification is compulsory in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick and is available, but voluntary, in Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, British Columbia, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified oil heat system technicians upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: