Job requirements Concrete Finisher in the Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie Region
Find out what you typically need to work as a concrete finisher in the Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie Region. These requirements are applicable to all Concrete finishers (NOC 73100).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a two- to four-year apprenticeship program or over three years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in cement finishing are usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Trade certification for concrete finishers is compulsory in Quebec and available, but voluntary, in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Manitoba, Alberta and British Columbia.
Professional certification and licensingOntario
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: