Job requirements Concrete Finisher in Canada
Find out what you typically need to work as a concrete finisher in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Concrete finishers (NOC 7282).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a two- to four-year apprenticeship program or Over three years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in cement finishing are usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Trade certification for concrete finishers is compulsory in Quebec and available, but voluntary, in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Manitoba, Alberta and British Columbia.
- Trade certification for cement masons is available, but voluntary, in Ontario.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified concrete finishers upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: