Job requirements Carpenter near Edmonton (AB)
Find out what you typically need to work as a carpenter near Edmonton (AB). These requirements are applicable to all Carpenters (NOC 72310).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program or a combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in carpentry is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Trade certification for carpenters is compulsory in Quebec and available, but voluntary, in all other provinces and the territories.
Professional certification and licensingAlberta
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: