Job requirements Veterinarian near Lethbridge (AB)
Find out what you typically need to work as a veterinarian near Lethbridge (AB). These requirements are applicable to all Veterinarians (NOC 3114).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Two years of pre-veterinary university studies or completion of a college program in health science and A four to five year university degree in veterinary medicine and Completion of national certification examinations are required.
- A provincial licence to practice is required.
- Entry into research positions may require post-graduate study.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: