Job requirements Systems Testing Technician in Canada

Find out what you typically need to work as a systems testing technician in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Information systems testing technicians (NOC 2283).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • Completion of a college program in computer science, computer programming or network administration is usually required.
  • College or other courses in computer programming or network administration are usually required.
  • Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.

Table listing provincial regulation requirements
Location Job title Regulation Regulatory body
Manitoba Information Systems Testing Technicians Regulated Certified Technicians and Technologists Association of Manitoba
Ontario Information Technology — Network Technician Regulated Ontario College of Trades

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Labour Market Information Survey
Date modified: