Job requirements Systems Testing Technician in Ontario
Find out what you typically need to work as a systems testing technician in Ontario. These requirements are applicable to all Information systems testing technicians (NOC 22222).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of a college program in computer science, computer programming or network administration is usually required.
- College or other courses in computer programming or network administration are usually required.
- Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.
Professional certification and licensingOntario
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: