Job requirements Registered Animal Health Technologist near Red Deer (AB)
Find out what you typically need to work as a registered animal health technologist near Red Deer (AB). These requirements are applicable to all Animal health technologists and veterinary technicians (NOC 3213).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of a two- or three-year animal health/veterinary technology college program is required.
- Successful completion of a national registration examination may be required in some employment settings.
- Registration with provincial animal health technologists' or veterinary technicians' associations is available, and is mandatory in some provinces.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: