Job requirements General Manager - Goods Production, Utilities, Transportation And Construction in Alberta
Find out what you typically need to work as a general manager - goods production, utilities, transportation and construction in Alberta. These requirements are applicable to all Senior managers - construction, transportation, production and utilities (NOC 00015).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- A university degree or college diploma in engineering, business administration, commerce or other discipline related to the company's product is usually required.
- Several years of experience as a middle manager in goods production, utilities, transportation or construction are usually required.
- Specialization in a particular functional area or product is possible through specific university or college training in that area or through previous experience.
Professional certification and licensingAlberta
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: