Job requirements Fertilization Service Contractor - Agriculture in Canada

Find out what you typically need to work as a fertilization service contractor - agriculture in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers (NOC 8252).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • Agricultural service contractors usually require a university degree, college diploma or industry courses in agricultural studies and several years of experience related to the service offered.
  • Contractors providing certain services, such as artificial insemination and pesticide application, may require training certificates and provincial licensing.
  • Farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers may require a college certificate or other specialized training in agriculture or livestock husbandry.
  • A course or certificate in first aid may be required.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.

Table listing provincial regulation requirements
Location Job title Regulation Regulatory body
Alberta Trainer (horseracing) Regulated Horse Racing Alberta
British Columbia Interior Trainer (race Horse) Regulated Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch, Government of British Columbia
Manitoba Manure Management Planner Regulated Manitoba Institute of Agrologists
Pork Production Technician Regulated Apprenticeship Manitoba
Ontario Nutrient Management Regulated Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, Government of Ontario
Prince Edward Island Farm Technician Regulated Apprenticeship Training and Skilled Trade Certification, Government of Prince Edward Island
Québec Cattle Inseminator Regulated Ministère de l'Agriculture, Pêcherie et Alimentation Québec, Direction de la coordination administrative et des services à la clientèle
Horse Trainer Regulated Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux
Pork Production Technician Regulated Emploi Québec
Saskatchewan Farm Supervisors And Specialized Livestock Workers Regulated Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission
Pork Production Technician Regulated Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Labour Market Information Survey
Date modified: