Job requirements Machining Tool Operator near Toronto (ON)
Find out what you typically need to work as a machining tool operator near Toronto (ON). These requirements are applicable to all Machining tool operators (NOC 94106).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Secondary school education is required.
- College or other courses in machining may be required.
- Several weeks of on-the-job training are provided.
- Senior positions in this unit group, such as set-up operator, require experience as a machine operator.
Professional certification and licensingOntario
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: