Job requirements Geomatics Technician - Land Surveying in Canada
Find out what you typically need to work as a geomatics technician - land surveying in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Land survey technologists and technicians (NOC 22213).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a two- to three-year college program in geomatics or land survey technology is usually required for land survey technologists.
- Completion of a one- to two-year college program in geomatics or land survey technology is usually required for land survey technicians.
- Certification by provincial associations of technicians and technologists may be required by some employers.
- In Quebec, membership in the regulatory body for professional technologists is required to use the title Professional Technologist.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: