Job requirements Geomatics Technician - Land Surveying near Cold Lake (AB)
Find out what you typically need to work as a geomatics technician - land surveying near Cold Lake (AB). These requirements are applicable to all Land survey technologists and technicians (NOC 22213).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a two- to three-year college program in geomatics or land survey technology is usually required for land survey technologists.
- Completion of a one- to two-year college program in geomatics or land survey technology is usually required for land survey technicians.
- Certification by provincial associations of technicians and technologists may be required by some employers.
- In Quebec, membership in the regulatory body for professional technologists is required to use the title Professional Technologist.
Professional certification and licensingAlberta
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: