Job requirements Property Administrator in Canada
Find out what you typically need to work as a property administrator in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Property administrators (NOC 1224).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is required in all provinces and territories except for British Columbia.
- A language proficiency index is required in British Columbia.
- Property administrators must be a minimum of nineteen years of age in British Columbia.
- Completion of training courses or a vocational program in property or strata management or real estate may be required.
- Several years of administrative experience as a property clerk, contract clerk, or administrative officer are usually required.
- Strata property managers must hold a licence in British Columbia.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
|British Columbia||Rental Property Manager||Regulated||Real Estate Council of British Columbia|
|Strata Manager||Regulated||Real Estate Council of British Columbia|
|Manitoba||Property Manager||Regulated||Manitoba Securities Commission, Real Estate Division|
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: