Job requirements Inspector, Machining And Tooling near Drummondville (QC)
Find out what you typically need to work as an inspector, machining and tooling near Drummondville (QC). These requirements are applicable to all Machinists and machining and tooling inspectors (NOC 7231).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a four-year apprenticeship program or A combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some college or industry courses in machining is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Trade certification for machinists is available, but voluntary, in all provinces and territories.
- Trade certification for automotive machinists is available, but voluntary, in Ontario.
- Trade certification for machinists (CNC) is available, but voluntary, in New Brunswick, Québec and Manitoba.
- Several years of experience as a machinist, tool and die maker or machining tool operator may be required for machining and tooling inspectors.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified machinists upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: